The Patron Advisory Council (PAC) of the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library provides recommendations on practices, policies, and goals of library services to individuals who are blind, visually impaired, deaf-blind, physically disabled, or reading disabled. Council members serve as advocates in promoting library services and being active in outreach efforts on behalf of WTBBL.
PAC membership represents the diversity of WTBBL users through such factors as patron eligibility, geography, experience, and library usage. Members serve three-year terms and may serve a second consecutive three-year term. Terms begin January 1.
Members meet three times a year in February, June and October. Meetings are open to all to attend and details about the meetings will be sent out on the WTBBL listserv. All meeting minutes are available by request by calling (800) 542-0866.
Membership consists of the following:
• a patron who is blind
• a patron who is visually impaired
• a patron who is deaf-blind
• a patron with a reading disability
• a patron with a physical disability other than blindness that makes holding a book or turning pages difficult
• a patron who is an adolescent or the parent of a child who is a patron
• a patron who is a veteran
• a representative from the Washington Council of the Blind
• a representative from the National Federation of the Blind of Washington
• general patron representatives
Bylaws of the Patron Advisory Council:
Available for download: Mp3 file, Word Document, Adobe PDF, Electronic Braille.
Current Members 2019:
Jonathan Blake (Sedro Woolley)
John Buckmaster (Spokane) – Vice Chair
Sharon Cordova (Puyallup)
Chris Coulter (Everett) - Chair
Frank Cuta (Benton City)
Leslie Fitzpatrick (Vancouver)
Reginald George (Yakima)
Annee Hartzell (Walla Walla) – Secretary
Stephanie Lucash (Seattle)
Gary Mackenstadt (Sequim)
Dierdre Maxwell (Tacoma)
Heather Meares (Walla Walla)
Laura Nunez (Seattle)
Magdalen (Maida) Pojtinger (Kent)
Betty Watson (Vancouver)